Los Angeles Family Law, Order Enforcement Lawyers

Experienced Child Custody Attorneys.  Certified Family Law Specialists

Hassanlou Law Firm:
Serving Los Angeles and Other Areas: Child Support Enforcement Attorneys.

Family court orders are not to be taken lightly. Whether the order involves placement of children (child custody and visitation), child support or maintenance, the order signifies a means of stability for a family in turmoil. A party's failure to abide by a family court order can result in the filing of enforcement and contempt actions.

Hassanlou Law Firm, is a Los Angeles law firm that focuses on providing education, quality service and guidance to individuals and families during times of emotional hardship. We represent clients throughout Southeastern California in pursuing enforcement orders or defending against actions to enforce orders. Contact us for a free initial consultation about your rights and your case.

Our law firm assists clients in post-judgment enforcement of orders involving:

  1. Child Custody (child placement)
  2. Visitation Schedules (periods of placement)
  3. Child Support
  4. Maintenance
  5. Other Enforcement Orders

Failure to pay child support or maintenance can result in wage withholding, property liens, driver's license revocation and other penalties. People having difficulty complying with child support orders or other family court orders should seek the assistance of an experienced attorney to discuss possible modification of the court orders in order to avoid such penalties.

An appropriate level of child support must be determined according to our state's income-based formula. Child support responsibilities must be modified due to a sudden change in lifestyle, or a request for modification should be contested.
A birth mother wants to establish her child's paternity in order to receive child support.
A contempt order must be issued to enforce support obligations and resume regular support payments. Contact Hassanlou Law Office to learn more about the many ways we can make a positive difference in your life. Our California child support attorneys offer initial consultations arranged at (818) 784-8484 from wherever you are in Greater Los Angeles, or by email.

Enforcement of Family Law Court Orders
Court Order is an unfortunate reality that not everyone is willing, or always able, to comply with the order of the Court in their family law case.

Sometimes, even though a Judge has ordered someone to pay child support, turn over property in a divorce case, or allow the children to see the other parent per a set schedule, the party subject to the order fails to follow it as designed by the Judge. Whether the order is a Final Decree of Divorce, a child support order, or an order from a custody case, the Court, in most cases, expects the parties to follow the order.

If you have a valid Court order, and the other party is not following it, you may need to file an Enforcement action requesting that the Court require the other party to follow the order. The most common type of Enforcement case is a child support enforcement. Often, clients hire us because, even though the Judge has told the other party to pay support, they fail to do so. Sometimes, the other party pays no support or does not pay it as ordered. This matter can be brought before the Judge and the Court has a number of methods to assure payment by the party who has the child support obligation.

Child support, and other Enforcement actions, can result in a party who is found to be in violation of an order being sentenced to jail time. Such action by the Court often results in the party in violation resuming the payment of support. However, there are times when a party who is unable to pay support, may be entitled to present a defense to payment.

Whether you are the party seeking to enforce an order, or if you are on the receiving end of an Enforcement action, you need legal counsel. The family lawyers at our office have represented hundreds of family law clients and have represented clients in child support and other Enforcement cases in all of the courts in Los Angeles County. We would be happy to meet with you to discuss your case.

Child support payments are usually made until children turn 18, or 19 if they are still in high school full time, living at home, and can’t support themselves.

Parents may agree to support a child longer. The court may also order that both parents continue to support a disabled adult child that is not self-supporting.  Call us regarding child custody and your right for spousal support.  Find out about the best interest of your children and how you can protect their rights to be great human beings.,

"When you contact the Law Offices of Ray Hassanlou, you get an experienced and knowledgeable lawyer that you can trust. You will be given a straightforward assessment of your case.  You will feel comfortable knowing that Ray will get results you are looking for. Ray gives personalized attention to each of the matters handled by his office.  If something is important to the client, Ray will attend to it immediately.Your case is approached in a financially responsible and efficient manner without sacrificing quality of representation."
"When you call the Law Offices of Ray Hassanlou, they go to work on your case right away. They are professional and caring. You will be very pleased with the outcome. In some cases even when an insurance company originally denied the claim, Ray was able to get his clients the maximum compensation for their injuries. The firm does not get paid unless there is a recovery. Therefore, in every case the goal is to maximize recovery for each of the firm’s clients.